Center for Peace, Legal Advice and Psychosocial Assistance - Vukovar
Center for Peace, Legal Advice and Psychosocial Assistance is local non-governmental, non-political, non-partisan, non-for-profit humanitarian civil association, working on the protection and promotion of human rights, rule of law, democracy development and development of interethnic relations.
The Vision of the Center is a modern democratic so... See moreCenter for Peace, Legal Advice and Psychosocial Assistance is local non-governmental, non-political, non-partisan, non-for-profit humanitarian civil association, working on the protection and promotion of human rights, rule of law, democracy development and development of interethnic relations.
The Vision of the Center is a modern democratic society, a society ruled by law and respect of human rights and values, a society of tolerance and equal opportunities for all its citizens without discrimination and regardless of national/ethnic, religious, cultural, gender, social or other differences.
Basic objectives of the Center are:
- promotion and protection of human rights inline with the Constitution of the Republic of Croatia, Universal Declaration of Human Rights and protection of minority rights and rights of vulnerable groups with an aim to promote democracy;
- promotion of culture of peace and non-violence as a quality of living, education on such principles;
- encouraging the spirit of religious and cultural tolerance;
- developing positive ways of thinking;
- developing conscience on human dignity, sense of safety and affiliation, self-respect amd respect of others;
- developing human freedoms;
- developing and applying the idea of multiethnic life;
- working on removing the consequences of work and reconstruction of war-affected areas in cooperation with domestic and foreign organizations and associations for the purpose of reconstruction of the area and provision of assistance to citizens;
- developing cooperation with alike and similar organizations in-country and abroad, as well as organizations and institutions ready to support basic principles and objectives of the Center;
- supporting unions of interest and development of economic and other activities;
- cooperation in ecological projects;
- broadening the network of civil initiatives;
- conducting other activities contributing to the accomplishment of the Center’s objectives.
Accomplishment of the objectives of the Center is achieved by conducting the following basic activities:
- provision of primary legal assistance and free legal counseling;
- combating all types of discrimination;
- reporting on and analyzing the status of human rights;
- monitoring the work of courts and bodies of the state administration;
- provision of information and technical support to citizens, civic initiatives and economic development initiatives;
- conducting public campaigns and advocacy;
- cooperation with relevant government and non-governmental organizations in Croatia, as well as foreign and international non-governmental organizations and international organizations;
-organization of conferences, seminars, counseling, trainings, presentations, workshops, lectures, round tables and public discussions;
- publishing brochures, bulletins, reports, analysis and publications;
- collection, exchange and translation of materials in the field of culture of peace, non-violence, human rights and legal protection.
- Found: 1996
- Employees: 6